Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Somebody's Watching Me

I have been blogging, commenting on Facebook and Tweeting in hopes that someone would listen.  A few dedicated friends commented and watched my homemade YouTube videos but I doubted anyone was really paying attention to my weight loss efforts. Then I get the biggest surprise - people are noticing what I say.  Now what do I do?

Well, my first thought was - accountability.  I have been having a hard time being consistent. I do have lunch-time workout partners but with work stress sometimes working out just isn't appealing.  I'd love an after work partner but everyone has family or church commitments. Its easier to make yourself get in gear when you have someone else pushing you.

Then I received a couple of emails from friends I haven't spoke to in awhile.  They were interested in what I was doing! One had many questions about how my program was going.  What do I say? I told the truth, of course.  I've been blogging about my struggles so its no secret I have a hard time being dedicated to my workouts and healthy eating. But I just figured no one was really paying much attention.  Then here I was with two people asking me about my daily trials.

In the end I know it up to me.  I can't make the responsibility someone else's to get my act together.  I have to want it and want to put the effort out.  It's great sharing my triumphs and my failures with family and friends who support me and encourage me.  Knowing that others want to get healthy and need help too gives me the strength to push ahead. Let's keep the momentum going!

No comments:

Post a Comment