There was an error in this gadget

Friday, February 4, 2011

How's Your New Year's Resolution Going?

The ball dropped and 2010 ended.  We all made New Year's resolutions.  How's it going?  Are you keeping them?

I swore I wouldn't make one this year and I didn't, exactly.  I have the same one every year, a standing resolution.  It never changes whether I do or not.  What could it be you ask?  Probably the same as yours if you're reading this...to lose weight.

How am I doing you ask? Well, it depends on how you measure it.  If I got on a scale (horrible five letter word) I weight the same as January 1.  Have I been working on it you ask? Sure, but not the way you think.

I refuse to go on a fad diet, an overly strict diet - that leaves out things I know I will never live without - or one that costs a small fortune. So, what am I doing?  Well, for starters, I drink Shakeology everyday.  It has tons of vitamins and minerals and really great ingredients.  It gives me a ton of energy and, yes, makes me regular.  An important benefit to anyone's digestive system.

I've also been trying to eat healthier.  I'm not perfect but I'm trying.  I still have a weakness for pizza and Mexican food I just try not to have it too often.  I'm trying to incorporate more veggies and fruits.  Key word here - trying.  I try everyday.

I exercise too.  Oh, the plan is six days a week.  Do I make it?  Some weeks.  The other weeks you ask? Twice or three times.  Just depends.  I'm working on scheduling it in my day but some days I just don't feel like it.

So what keeps me trying?  Wanting to be better.  Better health, better with my schedule, a better body.  It'll happen.  I have faith I will accomplish my goals this year.  I just completed a 30 day challenge that helped me to see my goals and how to reach them.  Well worth the 5-10 minutes a day I spent.

If you're interested in taking the challenge too, free of charge, just ask me and I'll send you the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment