Friday, February 4, 2011

How's Your New Year's Resolution Going?

The ball dropped and 2010 ended.  We all made New Year's resolutions.  How's it going?  Are you keeping them?

I swore I wouldn't make one this year and I didn't, exactly.  I have the same one every year, a standing resolution.  It never changes whether I do or not.  What could it be you ask?  Probably the same as yours if you're reading this...to lose weight.

How am I doing you ask? Well, it depends on how you measure it.  If I got on a scale (horrible five letter word) I weight the same as January 1.  Have I been working on it you ask? Sure, but not the way you think.

I refuse to go on a fad diet, an overly strict diet - that leaves out things I know I will never live without - or one that costs a small fortune. So, what am I doing?  Well, for starters, I drink Shakeology everyday.  It has tons of vitamins and minerals and really great ingredients.  It gives me a ton of energy and, yes, makes me regular.  An important benefit to anyone's digestive system.

I've also been trying to eat healthier.  I'm not perfect but I'm trying.  I still have a weakness for pizza and Mexican food I just try not to have it too often.  I'm trying to incorporate more veggies and fruits.  Key word here - trying.  I try everyday.

I exercise too.  Oh, the plan is six days a week.  Do I make it?  Some weeks.  The other weeks you ask? Twice or three times.  Just depends.  I'm working on scheduling it in my day but some days I just don't feel like it.

So what keeps me trying?  Wanting to be better.  Better health, better with my schedule, a better body.  It'll happen.  I have faith I will accomplish my goals this year.  I just completed a 30 day challenge that helped me to see my goals and how to reach them.  Well worth the 5-10 minutes a day I spent.

If you're interested in taking the challenge too, free of charge, just ask me and I'll send you the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment