Monday, January 17, 2011

Cravings

Chocolate, cheesecake, potato chips, mac-n-cheese - yummy foods we are told should be off limits to us if we are trying to eat healthy and/or lose weight. How can we stay away from them? They're so tasty! And, of course, once you're told you can't have them that's when you want them the most.

Oh, I've gone without Mexican food, pizza and sweets to lose weight.  I've lost the weight only to gain it all back because I went and ate all the things I wasn't allowed.   You know, you reach that ideal weight and now you can eat anything you want. NOT! Oh, I learned that the hard way! It took regaining the weight multiple times before I figured it out.

Now I'm losing the weight slowly.  Very slowly.  But I feel ten times better than I have in years! I try to eat healthy most of the time but if I crave something I have it. I know I can't go hog wild and most of the time I share with someone to cut the calories but still get the rush!

I used to think a meal replacement shake was not worth the calories. In the past I had tried protein drinks and was starving in two hours.  I finally found one low in calories but high in nutrition, not just protein.  I feel satisfied for up to four hours and have tons of energy.  I have quite a few friends on it too.  They all feel the same way.

Its great to have found a way to eat and feel great without feeling sluggish or hungry.  As well as finding a great group of people that like to support each and help one another.  If you're looking for either of these, or both, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment