Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Holiday Struggles

New Year's will be here before we know it. What does that mean?  Resolutions? Do you make them every January? How long to you keep them?  One month? One week? One hour?

I quit making resolutions.  I'm tired of not keeping them.  Instead of waiting to make a promise to myself once a year, blowing it, hating myself, and then trying the next year, I tossed resolutions out the window.  The only resolution I ever made constantly is to lose weight.  Since I keep trying all year long, over and over again, what's the point in a resolution? And, since I keep failing, what's the point.

Well, no more! It's time to get healthy and quit beating up myself.  Stop the madness and get on a realistic program.  I'm not perfect and, no, I'm still not constant, but I'm working on it.  I joined the gym, but I could be mall walking or jogging outside. I do TurboJam and TurboFire, but I could be using my Wii Fit. There are options - no set rules - except one...you need to watch what you eat.  That is where I am weakest.

I love to cook  and I love to eat.  I just have to be careful what I cook and how much I am eating.  Sounds simple, huh? Could be.  I ask you to follow my blogs, make comments, and hold me accountable.  If you like, I will do the same for you.  We are all on the same journey...to live life to the fullest.  Who wants to do that with diabetes, high cholesterol, aching joints? Not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment